Prescribing Medical Marijuana
Mapleglen Care Center was formed by a group of professionals including two medical doctors who believe that medical marijuana treatment is an important option to consider when traditional therapies alone have failed.
This information will help prescribing physicians make informed decisions regarding medical cannabis as a treatment option.
What must I do when certifying a patient?
- You must be currently licensed and in good standing
- You must have a bon a fide relationship with the patient requesting certification
- Hold a state-issued controlled substances license
- Comply with the standards of practice
- Maintain records of exams
- Treat the patient for the underlying condition
What can’t I do when certifying a patient?
- You cannot conduct an exam using telemedicine technology
- Receive pay from or refer patients to a marijuana businesses
- Have a direct or indirect economic interest in a cultivator or dispensary.
- Advertise in a cultivation center or dispensary
- Help patients obtain marijuana or offer advice on usage.
If you are a physician and would like more information or have questions, please do not hestitate to contact us. We look forward to talking with you.
Call us at: 779-368-5154